RAM Test is a fast and reliable memory testing software capable of detecting both faulty hardware and overclock instability. Its key features include:
- An easy-to-use graphical user interface
- Support for up to 8 TB of RAM and 64 threads
- Optimized code paths for AVX/AVX2 capable processors
- Portability (i.e. can be run from a USB flash drive)
RAM Test 22.214.171.124 screenshots:
A single license allows personal use of the software on up to five computers at a time. The price of a license is 9,99 € including VAT 24 %.
Once the payment is complete, a download link and a product key will be automatically sent to your e-mail address.
Q: An error was detected, is my RAM bad?
A: If you haven't overclocked your system, yes.
Q: The test runs very slowly on Windows 7, how to fix this?
A: Change the RNG (Random Number Generator) to XORWOW on the Advanced tab. The default RNG is a function provided by the Windows API and its implementation is somehow different on Windows 7 causing poor performance.
Q: How long should I test?
A: Error detection rates by test duration*:
- Duration ≤ 1 min: 47,44 %
- Duration ≤ 5 min: 74,41 %
- Duration ≤ 10 min: 83,66 %
- Duration ≤ 30 min: 95,67 %
- Duration ≤ 60 min: 98,43 %
* RAM Test 126.96.36.199, stop on error
Q: How much coverage is enough?
A: Error detection rates by test coverage*:
- Coverage ≤ 100 %: 64,57 %
- Coverage ≤ 200 %: 75,79 %
- Coverage ≤ 400 %: 82,68 %
- Coverage ≤ 800 %: 91,34 %
- Coverage ≤ 1600 %: 96,06 %
- Coverage ≤ 3200 %: 98,03 %
- Coverage ≤ 6400 %: 99,41 %
* RAM Test 188.8.131.52, stop on error, normalized to 16384 MB test region size
Q: Can CPU cache instability distort the test results?
A: Yes, but on default settings this is very unlikely. You shouldn't start overclocking RAM until your system is otherwise completely stable.